Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at FIU
We're here to help you stay young!
Engage your mind. Expand your social circle. Fulfill your purpose.
We offer non-credit educational classes, social activities, and volunteer opportunities. Located on Florida International University's Biscayne Bay campus in North Miami, our program is designed for those 50 years of age and better, but all are welcome.
To learn more, call 305.919.5900.
- Learning something new leads to feelings of happiness.
- Science has proven that learning a difficult new skill reduces age-related memory decline.
- Nostalgic stimuli promote psychological health.
- Vibrant social circles have been shown to boost cognitive abilities.
- Intergenerational relationships help reduce stress and depression in elder adults.
- Healthy relationships improve immune systems and minimize feelings of loneliness.
- Feel young again! Enroll and join us on campus or virtually.
- Share your knowledge and expertise by teaching a class for us.
- Become a volunteer and reignite that sense of purpose left behind at the workplace.
Join us! Hear what our members have to say.
OLLI at FIU...where learning never retires.
"After I retired from 35 years as an Interior Designer in 2011 I mentioned to a friend that I did not know what to do with my free time in the future. She invited me to an Open House at OLI in FIU.
Well, that really was a great idea. I signed up for Ronelle Delmont's movies and books class, which I enjoyed for years until Covid came. I learned so much about different subjects from her explanations, I recommended many friends that also joined and enjoyed the class.
I have also taken classes with Batia Cohen, Mitra Raheb, Eduardo Rios, Shelly Isaacs, Sylvia Gurinsky, and Armando Droulers. All of them excellent.
After Covid, when a lot of people my age say they waisted 2 years, thanks to OLLI at FIU Zoom classes, I have learned so much about History, Art, Music, Foreign and Domestic Affairs, and even learned everything about my iPhone.
I am grateful to all these instructors, as well as to Mabel, Simone, Maggie and every one of the staff that is doing such a great job.
Thank you very much." ~Alma Weintraub